I’ve tried a lot of egg dishes in my day and this one is a winner. There is no exaggeration here. This casserole is so simple and so delicious it deserves a casserole award. And the best part is it only takes four eggs! I get asked for the recipe every time I make it.
Breakfast casserole is a Christmas breakfast tradition here, but you can make this for any brunch or morning gathering.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/2 onion (optional)
- tube of crescent rolls
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Dice half an onion.
- Brown one tube/pound of breakfast sausage with the onions. Drain.
- Grease the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with butter or oil.
- Line the pan with crescent roll.
- Layer browned sausage on top.
- In a bowl, mix 4 eggs and 3/4 c milk and pour on top of sausage.
- Top with 2 cups shredded cheese
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees.