Looking for a last minute sentimental gift? These easy and silly bookmarks will be sure to get you off the hook for procrastinating.
You and I are in the same club. Last year, about a day before Father’s Day, I made these with the kids. My last minute creativity saved face but there was no time to do a post, so that’s why you’re seeing this a year later!
The kids loved making the bookmarks and Marcello got such a kick out the them! He still keeps them in his Bible all the time.
I got the idea for this keepsake from Creative Family Moments. Isn’t she clever?! Heather used clear shelf liner, but I used my laminator. It’s a little risky to use the laminator, but if you put the pictures close enough together it won’t shrivel and get stuck. Just a little warning there.
- laminator or clear shelf liner
- hole punch
- ribbon or tassels
- Take the kids’ pictures in front of a plain background. Have them put their hands together over their head and make a silly face. The silly face is what makes it!
- Print the pictures out. I printed several of each kid so I could make more keepsakes for grandparents. See below.
- Cut out the pictures.
- Stick them in the the laminator sheet close together, but with enough space to let it seal and cut in between them.
- Cut out out the kids from the plastic.
- Use a hole punch at the top.
- Thread a tassel or ribbon through. Feel free to add beads and pom poms for a little flare! You can buy premade ones too.
I put 6 photos on a page (shown above) and printed 2 copies to make extras.
It’s a fun keepsake dads and grandparents will love and treasure. How about you? Do you do cards and breakfast or do you go all out on these holidays?