I’m comin’ for you, 2018! I’ve got lots of goals for the new year and made a printable to help organize and keep track of them. It has categories of spiritual, relational, physical, professional, financial, giving, organizational and recreational.
This year is sure to have valleys and mountains. How will you handle them? As the saying goes: You’re either in a trial, coming out of one or headed into one. Reassuring, isn’t it?
One thing I’ve learned in recent years is that if you don’t actively pursue positive change in your life, it’s not going to happen. If you don’t set new standards and reach a little higher, you will stay right where you are. I want to be proactive instead of reactive, and goals help me do that, even the little ones.
Here the goals I want to work toward this year:
- Keep a notebook of prayers.
- Memorize 12 new Bible verses.
- Commit to one month of praying for my husband.
- Commit to one month of praying for my children.
- Resurrect date night.
- Try alternating “fun nights” out with one parent and one child.
I am a New Year’s cliche, but I need to start exercising. I’m too lazy to exercise solely on motivation of physical appearance (though some muscle tone is in serious order!), but I am motivated by my achey back and body. It’s gotta happen, girl.
- Stretch and exercise twice a week. (Yeah, I really like to push limits.)
- Cut out more chemicals in my “beauty routine.”
- Learn how to do make-up. (Seriously.)
- Stop dressing like I picked my outfits with my eyes closed.
I have three major goals for my blog. First, I want to start donating 20 percent of my profits to charities. Now, this is not much money because I don’t earn much money, but hopefully it shows where my heart is and the purpose of this site. As House Mix continues to grow, its outreach will as well.
Secondly, I need to focus on promoting House Mix. I’m not great at marketing myself. I’m always worried about being vein or narcissistic. I need to find a balance of promoting with humility. Is that a thing? Can it be a thing?
And thirdly, I want to give something extra to subscribers for following along and invite more people to join our group. I’ve already started e-books for subscribers, but want to continue it for the rest of the year. My Christmas Planner went over very well. And now I’m offering a Clean House Planner. I’m thinking a kids planner will be next quarter.
- Start donating 20 percent of my blog profits to charity.
- Learn how to promote House Mix.
- Create quarterly ebooks for subscribers.
- Continue our Grateful Project with the kids.
- Email or mail something to our sponsored children once a month.
- Stop forgetting Luca’s school stuff (picture day, walk-a-thon, book day … it’s bad).
- Start a paper planner.
- So much more, but I can’t share quite yet.
Click to download high-res image.
How about you? In what areas would you like to grow this year?