One of our summer activities is going to be memorizing scripture as a family. I designed 11 free printables to color and help teach kids Bible verses. Each week, after they color them, they can hang them in their room and we can recite them together before bed at night.
My hope is to give them these treasures while they’re young, to hide in their hearts for later in life. I have such a hard time memorizing, always have, so I’d love to take advantage this time in their youth when they retain things and will still listen to Mama. I know that these truths will help them one day.
Bible verse pages to color
A year or so ago the boys memorized the Lord’s Prayer and still say it frequently before bed. I thought we could go over these verses before bed in the same way. This works because they’re quieting down for the day and they’ll do anything to stay up a few minutes later! Ha!
So the plan is that on Sundays we’ll color them, read them and repeat them. Then they can hang them in their rooms and we’ll recite them in the evening. I want to pray for the opportunities to say the verse to them during the day, too. For example, if someone were frightened of something we could recite the verse, “Don’t be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you where ever you go.” I want them to see how these truths and promises can apply to their everyday life.
These are the verses we’re going to learn.
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
- Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances. Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32
- Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Colossians 3:20
- Do everything without complaining and arguing. Philippians 2:14
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Galatians 5:22-23
- Do to others as you would like them to do to you. Luke 6:31
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
- Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud. Corinthians 13:4
- Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
I had fun designing all the pages. I hope you like them!
Here are the downloadable printables. To print an individual page, click the image. To download and print a PDF with all the pages go here.
At the beginning of the summer I created a set of 11 coloring pages to help kids memorize Bible verses over break. Since then, two little boys in my house have strongly suggested the need for a sticker chart. So to keep the motivation going, I designed a little sticker chart for their memorized verses. I thought I’d share it with you too!
Hope you’re having a great summer. Take a second and leave me a note if you’ve found a use for these. It makes my day!