I took Clara’s newborn pictures last week. I know I’m her mama, but isn’t she sweet? I made a couple floral crowns (before she was born and the bags set in under my eyes) to use as photo props. Here’s how you can make your own:
I used white and pink (sorry, the link is nowhere to be found!) flowers from Hobby Lobby. I liked that they have a soft paper texture that is less likely to poke baby.
- paper or silk floral bunch
- floral tape
- measuring tape
- ribbon (optional)
- Separate one section of the flower bunch and cut it off.
- The average newborn head circumference is 13 3/4 inches, so I measured my flower bunch at about 16 inches to leave room for a small overlap.
- Wrap the end of the bunch with floral tape so it doesn’t unravel.
- Braid the strands tightly and tape where necessary to hold it.
- Wrap it around in a circle and tape to keep it together.
- Cut or pull out paper floral bunch. I used a thinner selection for this one.
- Braid the stems together tightly. Use floral tape where needed to hold everything in place.
- Cut the strand to 13 inches.
- Cut two 18-inch ribbon pieces and double knot them on the ends.
Go here for more photo projects.